4 weeks to go
In less than a month our little girl will be here. She may arrive to two already exhausted parents, a flat that smells of fresh paint and a maladjusted big brother, but she'll be here!
J and I are still talking about names and a new one entered the mix over the weekend - Tessa. We both like Tessa, Tess and Tessie so who knows. Toby & Tessa is a bit too cute but I'm going to try to not let that put me off if she comes out looking like a Tessa. I think Tessa Rae works too so the middle name could stay the same. Rosamund is still the top favourite but we're keeping an open mind until we meet Cupcake.
I started my antenatal classes yesterday and it was great. I'm doing a refresher course rather than the regular classes so all the Moms in my group have at least one other child at home and we've all been through pregnancy and birth before. It's a nice mix of ladies and the midwife running the class is really nice too. She specialises in water births which sound wonderful but are, unfortunately, not suitable for me because of the previous cesarean. I have resolved my issues with the scheduled C-section and am now looking forward to just meeting Cupcake.
There's one other lady in my class with a scheduled cesarean so I didn't feel like an outsider. All of the other previous cesareans are all trying for a VBAC. I guess if I had a real urge to have a vaginal birth I would attempt it too but I just don't have that need. I think I've felt a little guilty about not feeling a need to birth naturally but I've made my peace with it and now it's time to move on. There are plenty of other things to worry about!
In preparation for Cupcake's arrival I've been buying all of the last minute stuff. I ordered the changing table today and got the steriliser and a few other things last week. Barry & Brenda are going to buy the moses basket which we should organise fairly soon. I've already bought the bedding for it and I've got a pile of Cupcake's laundry that I need to do before she gets here. If she's anything like Tobes she'll have very sensitive skin so everything has to be washed in special detergent.
All that's left is the formula (just in case) and some storage baskets for the changing table. Then we'll be ready for her... once we move house and unpack all two thousand boxes of course.
J and I are still talking about names and a new one entered the mix over the weekend - Tessa. We both like Tessa, Tess and Tessie so who knows. Toby & Tessa is a bit too cute but I'm going to try to not let that put me off if she comes out looking like a Tessa. I think Tessa Rae works too so the middle name could stay the same. Rosamund is still the top favourite but we're keeping an open mind until we meet Cupcake.
I started my antenatal classes yesterday and it was great. I'm doing a refresher course rather than the regular classes so all the Moms in my group have at least one other child at home and we've all been through pregnancy and birth before. It's a nice mix of ladies and the midwife running the class is really nice too. She specialises in water births which sound wonderful but are, unfortunately, not suitable for me because of the previous cesarean. I have resolved my issues with the scheduled C-section and am now looking forward to just meeting Cupcake.
There's one other lady in my class with a scheduled cesarean so I didn't feel like an outsider. All of the other previous cesareans are all trying for a VBAC. I guess if I had a real urge to have a vaginal birth I would attempt it too but I just don't have that need. I think I've felt a little guilty about not feeling a need to birth naturally but I've made my peace with it and now it's time to move on. There are plenty of other things to worry about!
In preparation for Cupcake's arrival I've been buying all of the last minute stuff. I ordered the changing table today and got the steriliser and a few other things last week. Barry & Brenda are going to buy the moses basket which we should organise fairly soon. I've already bought the bedding for it and I've got a pile of Cupcake's laundry that I need to do before she gets here. If she's anything like Tobes she'll have very sensitive skin so everything has to be washed in special detergent.
All that's left is the formula (just in case) and some storage baskets for the changing table. Then we'll be ready for her... once we move house and unpack all two thousand boxes of course.

1 Comments:
At 7:05 pm,
Anonymous said…
I love the name Tessa!! I had a friend in HS that called me Tess instead of Teresa!!
I can't wait to see her cutie face!!
Post a Comment
<< Home